Mae Ryan is an Emmy-award winning filmmaker and photographer based in New York. She is currently a senior producer at The Front — a female led documentary production company.
Before The Guardian, Mae co-created AudioVision, a web video series, at KPCC — a local NPR station in LA.
Mae studied Architectural Design at Stanford and is a graduate of the documentary photography program at The International Center of Photography.
Her clients have included The Guardian, The New York Times, TIME, The Wall Street Journal, NPR, The Fader, CNN, MTV, Architectural Record and Elle China.
Want to say hello? You can reach Mae at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Edward R. Murrow Award - Investigative Reporting (Video) for The County (2016)
- News and Documentary Emmy nominee - New Approaches: Current News Coverage for The County (2016)
- Peabody Award finalist for The County (2016)
- Online News Association: Topical Reporting for The County (2016)
- News and Documentary Emmy award - New Approaches: Current News Coverage for Beyond the Border (2015)
- 1st Place National Magazine Award: Best Multimedia for Beyond The Border (2015)
- Online News Association: Feature, large for Beyond The Border (2015)
- PDN: 20 Emerging Artists to Watch in Film and Video (2014)
- Los Angeles Press Club Award: Best Short Video Profile for Modesty Modern (2012)
- National Entertainment Awards: Best Short Documentary for Transactivations (2012)
- Photo of the Year awards - Multimedia - (2010)
- Getty Emerging Talent 2010-2011
- Eddie Adams Barnstorm XXIII 2010